A couple of days ago, I wrote a post announcing the Top 50 MLM Blogs Contest and asking you my amazing readers to vote for my blog.
If you haven’t voted yet, please do so, right after reading this post
So, the next day I saw this on my Facebook wall:
My 2 day old post is #1 on Google!
I had to make sure that the ranking was accurate. Why? I mean the image says it all…
Here’s the thing, I see a lot of bloggers sharing their excitement on how they got on the first page of Google just minutes after publishing their posts.
And, my usual reaction is: “Really?”
Much to the dismay of many website owners, is that they may not actually be at the top of the search engines for the keyword they think they are. In fact, they may not actually be ranking on Google at all.
How can this be? You ask…
Well, we all know that Google likes to serve its browsers “the best possible consumer experience” and one of the ways they achieve this nirvana of search engine service is by personalising our search results.
Google will remember the sites you visit regularly, and the search terms you type in, and will base any future results on the searches you’ve made in the past.
How I Get Accurate Search Engine Rankings
Whilst most people will tell you to simply sign out of your Google account when searching, that in itself won’t solve the problem.
The reason is, Google bases your search results not just on information held on your account, but also by using cookies.
Hence it’s important to clean out your cookies every so often.
Read more about how to truly search “without a trace”:
In this post, I share some tools that I use to make sure that I get accurate rankings before I start bragging about getting on the first page of Google.
One of them is “Incognito.” If you search using the Chrome browser, there is a function which allows you to open a secret window to gain access to Incognito.
This is my favourite search method actually. It means that the pages you view in this window won’t appear in your browser history or search history, and they won’t leave other traces, like cookies, on your computer after you close the same window.
So, I went ahead and opened a new tab, by pressing ctrl + shift + N (for PC). It’s apple + shift + N (for Mac). And, I got this:
So, how did I get there so fast?
Two things really…
A. On Page SEO
You need to optimise your posts so you can get them highly ranked. Here are some effective steps that you need to implement every time you write a new post:
1. Have your keywords in the URL of your post and make sure that your URL doesn’t contain extra words and clutter (e.g. ‘the’, ‘is’, ‘was’, ‘to’ etc.). Just the keywords.
2. Keywords in your title tag. (You can set this in the All in One SEO pack plugin, which also recommends that your keyword rich title is 60 characters or less.) *TIP: Use All in One SEO, and make sure that each post and each page is only displaying the title in the very top left of your screen.
3. Include in your post a H1, H2, H3 tag that includes your keyword. You can also include H4, H5, and H6 if you wish, but it is less important for your blog SEO strategy. The headings should break up the text which makes it easier for your readers to digest the information as well as easier for the search engine spiders to crawl the page and extract the important content.
4. Definitely use your keyword in the first and last sentence of your blog post. When the spiders crawl your page, they don’t see the amazing design you have, they only check the coding.
5. With keyword density go for between 2% to 5%. Remember that for optimum blog SEO your content should flow and not be stuffed with keywords. Natural flowing text should always be your goal.
6. Decorate your keywords so to speak. Bold, Italic, and Underline your keywords somewhere in your text.
7. Save your images with your keyword as the file name. Then when you upload them to your blog, title them and set the alt text to include your keyword as well.
8. Write a post that is at least 300 words long. The search engines love detailed and high-quality content. Your readers will love it too!
9. Include a keyword that is hyperlinked to another relevant post you’ve written on your blog.
10. Increase blog speed and have a fast loading time on your blog. Search engines want to see faster loading times. They want their users to be happy at all times.
These blog SEO tips will help you to quickly optimise your blog posts for the search engines and get the rankings and free traffic you deserve!
Now, if you think this is all too much to remember and implement every time you write a post, don’t fret!
There’s a plugin that can help you to do that. This is the #1 plugin that you need to get if you haven’t already done so yet. It’s called, SEOPressor. When I first discovered this plugin, I was completely blown away! Why?
- You don’t need to know SEO at all, in fact, it can help you a great deal with optimising your posts. It gives you suggestions on what to improve on. If you can read, you can do it.
- It’s not automatic, you’re in total control of what changes need to be made. And the more you use it, the more you will know what to do. Sometimes, I don’t use it just to test my On Page SEO knowledge
- You don’t have to spend hours optmising your content. SEOPressor rocks! Period.
Now, you have to realise that On Page SEO alone will not get you on the first page of Google. You need to do more…
B. Off Page SEO
Off Page SEO is the most important process that will make dramatic changes in your search engine rankings.
After you have published your content, you still need to optimise it by having a good mix of links from different sites as well as within your blog, pointing to it.
It’s like having a number of votes on your content and that will alert Google, as it would look popular in their eyes. The more votes you get, the higher search engine rankings for your content.
There are several strategies that you can use to create backlinks, such as:
1. Pinging content - With WordPress, you can get this done automatically every time you publish a new post. You just need to install the Ping Optimizer plugin to make sure you don’t ping the same post multiple times every time you make changes. Very important.
2. Submitting your RSS feed to directories such as FeedAge, OctoFinder and so on. Every time you create a post, that feed is going to get pulled and a link will come back to your post.
3. Submitting your new posts to niche social bookmarking sites such as Blokube, Blog Engage, Biz Sugar etc.
4. Blog commenting helps to get a whole lot of links back to your blog.
5. Social media sites, especially Facebook and Twitter. The links from these sites will help you to increase your rankings since Google added them to their algorithm and use them in their rankings.
6. Submitting your content to high page rank social bookmarking sites such as Digg, Delicious, StumbleUpon and so forth. And it’s important to use appropriate keywords or tags for your bookmarks.
Doing this process manually can be very time consuming. So you need to find a service that allows you to submit your new blog posts to multiple social bookmarking sites across the web at a touch of a button such as OnlyWire. I recommend installing it on your computer and not on your blog as it tends to slow blogs down.
Another fantastic way is to join a tribe like Tribe PRO where members help each other to syndicate their content on auto-pilot. Amazing strategy with amazing results! Yes, you can find me there if you join and I’ll syndicate your content too
And I will NOT recommend anything that I personally don’t use and know works well.
Read more about creating backlinks and promoting your blog and get in Google’s good books, gain massive exposure online and attract endless traffic to your blog every single day.:
Now you know how I dominate Google and keep getting tons of traffic to my blog.
You need to focus on building backlinks to your blog. When it comes to SEO, links rule! Period.
One more thing - forget about logging out of your Google account if you want to see your true rankings. Use the right tools to see exactly where you stand.
Top 50 MLM Blogs Contest
If you’ve ever picked up a great tip from me, used one of my strategies or just felt inspired by what I’ve been sharing on my blog, I’d appreciate it if you could show your gratitude and VOTE for my blog.
It’s very easy to do, you know…
Visit the Top 50 MLM Blogs contest page and on the left-hand side, hit those buttons to share with the universe.
Leave a short comment and vote using the star system.
Do Steps 1 and 2.
Many thanks in advance,