If you still have more frequently asked blogging questions, be sure to drop them off here:
I won’t be featuring last week’s questions here, as I got quite a lot of them.
So, thank you so much for taking your time to share the questions with me and for making last week a blast!
Okay, moving on to this week’s question:
Do People Really Know Much About You?
There’s a high level of skepticism in the internet marketing world today. People have been pitched at and lied to too many times and it does take time to develop trust these days.
With your blog, you are able to allow people to get to know more about you and what you do. The more people know you, the more they will like and trust you. When this happens, they will be interested in what you have to offer and want to have what you already have. This is Attraction Marketing 101.
But, are you really transparent? Do you let people into your little world? How can you achieve this?
- Use your own picture on your header (not a logo)
- Create the “About me” page and share your story
- Create a “Contact me” page and be accessible
- Create a “Work with me” page and share what you do
- Use your signature at the end of your posts
- Use a bio box at the end of your posts (including your picture, not a logo)
- Use a gravatar (your own picture, not a logo) for your comments
- Use your picture (not a logo), on your social media profiles – preferably the same one
- Display your social media profile buttons on your blog
- Share your personal stories every now and then
- Create a YouTube channel and videos
- And more…
Now, this post was inspired by someone that I have come to “know” for some time, no scratch that, I don’t know him at all! Let me paint a picture for you…
He visits my blog regularly and leaves meaningful comments and I do the same on his blog. His content is not bad, otherwise I wouldn’t be visiting his blog as much as I do.
Now, here is the problem with this person (let’s call him Fred)… Fred does NOT do any of the things that I have mentioned above – none of them! I don’t know what he looks like, where he lives, what his story is – nothing at all. He uses a logo everywhere he goes.
And he is not on Facebook!
I found this very strange and then decided to waste my time and Google his name – there was nothing much about Fred, no pictures, no story – nothing to write home about. I then visited his social media profiles and found that he is using a logo as well and he doesn’t have a YouTube channel – oh man!
Speaking of which, have your ever Googled your name? Try it, it’s fun… (you’re welcome to Google mine as well if you like)…
How about you?
- How much do people know about you?
- How are you using your blog to allow people to know you?
- What advice have you got for Fred?
Let’s help Fred to build his personal brand the right way and connect with people online.
Remember to ask me anything below
If you enjoyed reading this post, make sure you fill out this form to receive my blog post updates via e-mail, leave a comment below and share this with your friends and followers.
P.S. Please help me win the blogging contest by commenting and sharing my incredible post ==>How to Beat the Changes to Organic Traffic Generation Rules.