Guest posting is, without a doubt, one of the effective and powerful ways to generate laser targeted traffic, subscribers, recognition and quality backlinks to your blog.
So, what exactly is guest posting? I hear you ask…
Well, today I’m going to share with you what guest blogging is all about and why you should do it, if you are not already.
In fact, this post was inspired by one of my loyal readers, Dr Bob Clarke from BobandRosemary.com.
Dr Clarke asked me a few questions about guest posting and I decided to provide detailed answers here, so that others can benefit too.
Guest Blogging – What Is It?
Simply put, it’s about you providing another blogger with your own, fresh content for their blog. So, you write content for another blog, in the capacity of a guest blogger.
Now, why would you want to write content for another blog if you can add it to your own blogfor your readers? What are the benefits of guest posting?
Guest Posting – What Are The Benefits?
1) Traffic – We all want to drive traffic to our websites, don’t we? With guest posting, you would be able to attract new eyeballs to your content. Your content will be put in front of a new audience which can turn into a much needed traffic to your blog.
2) Subscribers – When you get in front of a completely new audience, they will likely become your subcribers, provided your content is great. They would want to follow you and learn more from you. Remember that subscribers are the lifeblood of a blog. So the more, the better!
3) Backlinks – If you want to increase your rankings on Google, then you need to create quality backlinks. There are various strategies that you can implement to get links back to your blog. With guest blogging, you can easily use anchor-text, quality one way links to your blog. You can link to different posts and pages on your blog.
4) Branding – One of the objectives of blogging is to build your brand. Your name and your blog are your brand and you want to be found and recognised on the world wide web, don’t you? Guest posting can help you to get your name and blog out there and gain credibility- very powerful!
5) Sales and Sign-Ups – Without sales and signups, you have no network marketing business – that’s a fact! You can’t make money online if you don’t generate enough traffic to your website(s). Guest blogging can help you to drive more traffic from other blogs and grow your sales and sign-ups.
6) Exposure and Recognition – Guest posting, when executed properly, can take you from zero to someone everyone is talking about in the blogosphere. When you put your amazing content in front of a new audience, you’ll get noticed in a big way and establish yourself as an authority and expert in your niche.
As you can see this is a very effective way to gain recognition and “steal” traffic from other blogs, especially the top and popular ones.
Guest Posting – My Personal Experience
A while back, I wasn’t comfortable with writing for other blogs. I thought I sucked at writing on my blog, so I didn’t think my guest posts would be accepted.
So, I decided to step out of my comfort zone and let go of my fears and insecurities. That’s the only I would grow as a person and a leader.
And I nervously submitted my very first guest post at a top and popular blog – Traffic Generation Cafe. It got approved and it was a huge success.
I don’t have to tell you how excited and proud of myself I was for dealing with my insecurities, overcoming the challenge and for gaining the guest blogging experience.
It was an amazing article, even if I have to say so myself. From that day, guest post invites started rolling in. I have never approached a blogger to write for them. They ask me. How’s that?
Sometimes we get too accustomed to being comfortable. We forget to strive, to grow and to reach out to our goals. As you can see from my experience I just shared with you, it’s important to step out of the comfort zone if we want to achieve our goals and create success.
Guest Posting Takeaway
I have become popular in the blogosphere due to guest posting. I’m enjoying the benefits (listed above) that come with this strategy. If I can do it, you can do it too!
Where do you start? Don’t fret, I’m going to share some top tips to help you create guest posting success.
I have created a Guest Posting Success Cheat Sheet, which you can download in exchange for a tweet. I share my simple but proven-to-work tips, that you can use to create guest posting success!
Click on the button below and download my tips for free, if you pay with a Tweet. Enjoy and implement!
So, what do you think of guest posting?
If you enjoyed reading this post, make sure you fill out this form to receive my blog post updates via e-mail, leave a comment below and share this with your friends and followers.
P.S. Check out guest blogging services