How to Get Targeted and Responsive Twitter Followers, Fast!

by Mavis Nong on November 1, 2011

How to Get Targeted and Responsive Twitter Followers, Fast!Yesterday, I shared some basic Twitter Marketing For Business tips.

We have laid a good foundation to get you on the road to Twitter marketing success.

Now, you cannot implement those tips if you haven’t got an audience – a targeted following.

You need to attract targeted Twitter followers to see results for your marketing efforts.

When I started using Twitter a couple of years ago, I followed and unfollowed people manually – believe it or not. As you’d imagine, it was painfully time-consuming.

I don’t have the time to do that anymore, who does?

Not only that – I was attracting people who were less interested in what I do. They were unresponsive. My daily efforts were wasted!

However, that changed when I learned about getting targeted and responsive Twitter followers.

Twitter Followers – Quantity vs Quality

I usually compare Twitter followers to your email or newsletter subscribers. As far as I’m concerned it’s all about getting high quality followers or subscribers.

Don’t be too concerned about getting thousands of strangers if they’re no interested in you or what you offer. They’re not responsive!

Think quality over quantity!

Here’s how you can get targeted and responsive Twitter followers, FAST!

1. Start Your Following With Your Followers Off Twitter

What on earth do I mean by saying “Your Followers Off Twitter”? Let me explain…

First of all, as a marketer, you should be taking list building seriously. Your list is your most important asset – without it, you have no business at all.

The first thing you need to do is to use an auto responder service so you can start building a list. There are many out there, but Aweber is the number one recommended company.

When you capture your subscribers’ details, they get added to your list in your auto responder account so you can send them messages and build relationships with them.

So, what does this have to do with Twitter? I hear you ask…

It means that within a day or two of your subscribers opting in to your list, you need to send them a message, inviting them to connect with you on the social media networks, including Twitter.

Your subscribers are the most receptive as they have already indicated that they are interested in what you have to say or offer, by opting in to your mailing list – very powerful.

Can you see how effective this is, if you generate tons of leads a day?

I share an example of the exact email message that I use with great results, in my Twitter Marketing Domination guide.

I have had people who decided to join Twitter and the other sites and connect with me there, because of this powerful and personal email.

Secondly, you need to add your Twitter link in your auto responder signature, so that your subscribers can start following you, effortlessly.

Thirdly, prominently display your social media icons and links, including Twitter’s on your blog so that your new visitors and regular readers can follow (or connect) with you easily.

How to Get Targeted and Responsive Twitter Followers, Fast!

If you write about Twitter, include your link(s).

In addition, add your Twitter link in your signature on your posts, as you can see below. If your visitors like you and your content, they would want to follow you on Twitter and everywhere else to learn more from you. Make it easy for them to do so! Hint, hint!

2. Grow Your Following With Your Followers on Twitter

Now that you start getting followers on Twitter, you need to take advantage of the power of viral marketing that comes with this social networking site and grow your following.

How?

If you tweet about interesting, funny, empowering, educating and engaging updates, then your followers will share with their followers, then they share with their followers and it goes on and on.

Your tweets go viral in a big way and people start checking you out, following you, becoming your leads and customers. That happens when you get LOTS of retweets and mentions on Twitter-ville.

In most cases, retweets come from followers that “know”, like and trust you.

And, when you retweet other people’s updates regularly on auto pilot (I show you how in my guide), you get in front of their audience and attract new followers.

You’ll also see similar results if you do what I do – reply to your followers’ retweets, especially of your updates. Not engaging with your followers could cost you targeted followers and money in your pocket!

3. Use the Right Tool to Get Targeted Twitter Followers

You’re now getting new followers, using the above proven to work strategies. However, it’s time to pump up the volume!

Use the right tool to do the hard and time-consuming work for you!

The underground Twitter tool that I use daily, makes my Twitter marketing much, much easier and rewarding.

It allows me to add thousands of new and targeted followers to my 5 Twitter accounts every month on complete auto pilot.

It’s got the most amazing targeting settings and features that make getting targeted and responsive Twitter followers quick and easy! That’s what I call brrrrilliant! How to Get Targeted and Responsive Twitter Followers, Fast!

You know what? There’s a LOT more that I can share with you when it comes to adding targeted followers and using Twitter for marketing your business.

The good news is that I have covered EVERYTHING you need to know about using this powerful marketing tool in my Twitter MarketingHow to Get Targeted and Responsive Twitter Followers, Fast! Domination guide.

Twitter Followers Key Takeaway

To make the most of your Twitter marketing experience, you need to start your following with your targeted followers on and off Twitter. They’re the most responsive.

They’re already interested in what you have to offer. They help you to spread your word and grow your number of followers…

On one condition though…

You need to be seen as a solution to their problems. When you’re helpful, you’ll soon build a good reputation and become popular on Twitter. And, that relates to more traffic and sales for you.

I experience this over and over again. And you can too!

Grab My Twitter Marketing Domination Guide!

I would be grateful if you could share this valuable information with your friends and followers. Remember, sharing is caring!

See You on Twitter!

How to Get Targeted and Responsive Twitter Followers, Fast!

tushar November 1, 2011 at 4:36 PM

i am still a new blogger and learning to build a list. it has always been my weak point.
i hope your tips may help me a lot in coming future
tushar invites you to check..This One Way You Will Never Run Out of Blog Post IdeasMy Profile

Mavis Nong November 1, 2011 at 9:43 PM

Here’s everything you need to learn about list building with blogging, Tushar: http://www.attractionmarketingonline.com/list-building-blogging/

Arjun Rai November 25, 2011 at 7:51 AM

It is very nice of you Mavis helping people, @tushar, you get professional guide line here to emerge your knowledge about blogging.

Mavis Nong November 25, 2011 at 5:19 PM

Thanks, Arjun.

Arjun Rai December 6, 2011 at 9:44 AM

Actually no need thanks mavis, you really do good job :-)

Bruker November 5, 2011 at 4:51 AM

If you are a new blogger then this post will really help you, it has all basic things which will help you to improve. Best of luck Tushar.

Radu November 1, 2011 at 5:08 PM

Hey Mavis,
Great Twitter tips here :) Simple and easy to implement: connect with people interested in what you are doing, put that Twitter link everywhere and start sharing insane value. And with some little tools like Tweet Adder, Social Oomph or Market Me Suite which is free now, you really can get some crazy results.
Glad to see that you create products more often. Congratulations for the new one :)
Thanks for sharing your tips.

Have a wonderful day,
Radu
Radu invites you to check..Special thanks to my top commentators for OctoberMy Profile

Steve Marx November 2, 2011 at 12:41 AM

Hey Radu,

I was searching for help managing Twitter, and Market Me Suite is just what I needed. Thanks for pointing it out in your comment!

-Steve-
Steve Marx invites you to check..What your Internet Marketing business can do for youMy Profile

Steve November 2, 2011 at 1:07 PM

I have to agree with MMS. I use Tweetadder also (and love it) but MMS is really helpful for finding those tweets that matter if you do have too many twitter followers in your timeline.
Steve invites you to check..6 Eye-Catching Graphics that ALL Blogs NeedMy Profile

Tory McBroom November 1, 2011 at 5:49 PM

Nice tips Mavis! And I like your RT twitter box underneath your post. Never seen that used before.

I like to use hootsuite and schedule my tweets in advance. It makes it easy to organize campaigns for my various accounts. Plus it’s nice to just sit down and have a months worth of tweets scheduled in an hour.
Tory McBroom invites you to check..Scariest…Halloween Costume…EVER!My Profile

Joe November 1, 2011 at 6:08 PM

Good simple tips, that most people should be following but probably are not. I have tested Tweet Adder and it is a great tool. Do you have any other Twitter tools you would recommend?

I look forward to reading more of your informative posts, thanks!
Joe invites you to check..Google+ Sexism, Elitism and World Domination!My Profile

Mavis Nong November 3, 2011 at 11:51 AM

I share them in my Twitter guide: http://GetTwitterMarketingSecrets.com/

Mike McGill November 1, 2011 at 7:43 PM

We have signed up for Twitter and are just starting to invite our mailing list to connect with us. Hopefully we will start seeing results soon.
Mike McGill invites you to check..Don’t Freak Out Over Gold & Silver Prices – Buy Instead!My Profile

Tara Walker November 1, 2011 at 7:56 PM

Great Twitter advice! Adding your social media links to your auto responders does make it easy for people – thanks! Tara
Tara Walker invites you to check..Melaleuca BusinessMy Profile

Mavis Nong November 1, 2011 at 8:26 PM

You’re welcome, Tara.

Alan November 2, 2011 at 12:17 AM

great post. Twitter is always something I’m going to get around to – I have to admit it’s the platform I find it the most difficult to engage with people on – probably because I’m not using the right tools/technology,

plus I don’t have an email list yet (!!! I know…) – I just added an option to my site but it’s just feedburner for now – I need to decide between aweber and mailchimp and get going on that … so much to do… ;-)

anyways, thanks for the tips & best wishes,
Alan
Alan invites you to check..8 Mindful Ways To Simplify And Enjoy Life MoreMy Profile

Mavis Nong November 2, 2011 at 10:05 AM

You’re welcome, Alan. This will help you with list building: http://www.attractionmarketingonline.com/list-building-blogging/

You need to know what you’re doing on Twitter and use the right tools, of course.

Steve Marx November 2, 2011 at 12:45 AM

That’s Mavis…

Always on it and with valuable info you can trust!

Thanks Mavis

-Steve-

Mavis Nong November 2, 2011 at 10:03 AM

My pleasure, Steve.

Themis November 2, 2011 at 3:41 AM

You RT box at the end of your articles is really nifty! :)

Mavis Nong November 2, 2011 at 10:02 AM

Thanks

sam from goa carnival November 2, 2011 at 4:42 AM

Hi,

Nice tips which are useful for all specially for newbie bloggers. Beside that twitter is one of the nice social media site where we can share lot of things. From my point of view each and every blogger have account on twitter which can also help for make social network.

Mavis Nong November 2, 2011 at 10:02 AM

True

Ryan Biddulph November 2, 2011 at 5:55 AM

I luv your tip about the social media follow up Mavis! Makes perfect sense, to bring the trust-building process along. Share your Twitter handle and Facebook ID, and you will generate a more targeted and efficient experience for both parties.

Thanks for sharing!

RB
Ryan Biddulph invites you to check..The Most Spot on Online Business Advice EverMy Profile

Mavis Nong November 2, 2011 at 9:58 AM

You’re welcome, Ryan. Agreed, that’s the way to go if you want to lay a targeted foundation.

Jym from Great Blog Posts November 2, 2011 at 9:03 AM

Brilliant introduction to the best ways to use Twitter Mavis.

What I love the most about Twitter is the instant interaction – it’s so easy to ‘listen in’ and find out what people are talking about in relation to any topic – including whatever niche we happen to be in.

The problem though is that as you become more of a ‘Twitter go-gitter’ (or ‘Twitter big hitter?’) the numbers go up and up until it’s simply not practical to deal with your account manually. That’s where the excellent tools you recommend come into play!

Thanks as ever for your top quality content!
Jym invites you to check..Traffic Generation Strategies Unified: Superstrings for BloggersMy Profile

Mavis Nong November 2, 2011 at 1:51 PM

Thanks very much, Jym. Agreed, it’s really powerful and you can connect with people in your niche easily.

I know, you can’t succeed without using some tools.

I appreciate your visit and encouragement.

Bornholm November 2, 2011 at 2:56 PM

Dear Mavis,
I’m just beginning my adventure with internet marketing and I’m still looking for more information about twitter marketing. Your articles helped me a lot.
Thank you!! :)

Mavis Nong November 2, 2011 at 2:59 PM

My pleasure.

Jeanie November 3, 2011 at 8:12 AM

Having a huge number of followers on Twitter can bring many benefits to any business or activity. Actually, all social networks can be a strong tool it business development!
Thanks a lot for sharing this information!

Mavis Nong November 3, 2011 at 11:47 AM

You’re welcome.

Cheolsu November 3, 2011 at 8:58 AM

I have a twitter account with 700 odd followers. I rarely see any traffic from my followers. They could be following more others or may not be the right users for my blog. Thanks for posting this. I will make some changes.

Mavis Nong November 3, 2011 at 11:46 AM

All the best!

John Robberson November 3, 2011 at 3:09 PM

Great Follow up to your previous twitter marketing post. I’m going to take your ideas and implement them in my marketing.

I especially like the idea of a follow up suggesting they join me on twitter after they have opted in.

Thanks again for the quality tips and techniques that you provide.
John Robberson invites you to check..How to Find a Recession Proof Home BusinessMy Profile

Mavis Nong November 4, 2011 at 1:27 PM

It’s my pleasure, John. Welcome to my blog! :)

Hope to see more of you here.

Maja November 3, 2011 at 3:57 PM

It is the best post about the twitter. You have really described the anatomy of twitter and great introduction of twitter tool.

Mavis Nong November 4, 2011 at 1:26 PM

Paul November 4, 2011 at 9:51 AM

Twitter Tool is really helpful for me. Finding and adding twitter users that are interested in the same category you’re working on was a headache for me. Thanks for sharing the info

Michael Harrington from Internet Marketing Techniques November 8, 2011 at 9:31 AM

I like the idea of getting good quality followers, and not just aiming to get thousands of un-targeted ones.
Great post.
Michael Harrington invites you to check..How to Increase Backlinks With Blog CarnivalsMy Profile

Mavis Nong November 12, 2011 at 8:31 AM

Absolutely, Michael!

satrap from Make Money November 19, 2011 at 12:13 AM

Great tips Mavis. Brilliant idea about using list as a way to increase followers. I haven’t been active with my list that much lately. I think that will be a great way for me to get going again. Thanks.
satrap invites you to check..60 Ways to Make Money Without a JobMy Profile

Mavis Nong November 19, 2011 at 4:14 PM

You’re welcome, Satrap.

ajmal January 11, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Hello thanks for this awesome helpful post. I’m really new to this blogging field, this type posts can help me lot
ajmal invites you to check..Yahoo Site Explorer Alternatives Best ListsMy Profile

Mavis Nong January 15, 2012 at 11:31 AM