Creating amazing content is great and highly recommended…
However, it means nothing if you don’t PROMOTE it.
You want people to visit your blog and read your content, right?
As a blogger, you need to take matters into your own hands and get your content out there and if you find that there’s one method or source of traffic that works particularly well for you, focus and improve on it.
Facebook remains my major source of referral traffic and I’d be nuts if I don’t promote my content there.
So, how do I promote my blog posts on Facebook in a BIG way?
I have joined a number of groups and tribes in my niche on Facebook. These are HOT at the moment and I see a lot of bloggers taking advantage of them as well.
When searching for groups, it’s best to go for larger groups.
How do you find them?
You’re in luck today! You can grab a list of 55 Facebook groups as well as 29 Facebook tribes (pages) that I use to share my content on your way out
Sounds good, right? A great way to expose your content and promote your brand on the most visited social networking site.
Here’s the thing, it can be very time-consuming to post your content in these Facebook groups. Imagine going through 10, 20, 30 or even 50 groups posting your newly published posts! Who has the time to do that?
I remember when I used to go through the process manually. So, I thought of the following possible solutions:
- OnlyWire – You can use this service to blast your content to over 40 social bookmarking sites including Facebook groups, at the push of a button. What I didn’t like about OnlyWire is the fact that it doesn’t pull the right image for your posts and you can’t add a comment. More on this in a bit.
- MarketMeSuite – It doesn’t allow you to add title, description and image, just text and the link.
- PlumSocial – No personal branding.
Thing is, you don’t want to be just posting and posting, hoping for people to click on your links, to check out your content.
Here’s how to generate interest and increase the click-through-rate:
- Use an attention-grabbing headline and description. You can edit this before sharing in case you don’t want to use your original blog post title and description. Just click on the title or description to do that.
- Use a cute/funny/relevant image to create curiosity.
- Say something about your link. Add a line or two emphasising the crux of your post (why should people click on your link?)
I see people who don’t really pay attention to their images, they show their own picture, banners or logo from their blogs, signature or nothing at all:
As you can see, the image has got absolutely nothing to do with the post, it’s just a banner which got extracted from my blog. It’s definitely not appealing and enticing to me!
How about this one?
Would you be curious to click on it and learn more?
As a matter of fact, I got a new sign-up in just a few minutes of posting this on Facebook – very powerful!
Want to know what I’m using right now to share my new blog posts in over 50 groups in less than 10 minutes?
I bet you do!
A while ago, I noticed that Remi Badozi‘s blog post links in the Facebook groups had her personal branding: her logo and blog name as well as the right image.
When I asked her what she was using, she introduced me to a cool Facebook app called Post Planner. The funny thing is, I had seen it before but never paid attention to it.
Here’s what I’m talking about:
When building a business online, your blog is the one powerful tool that you need to let people know about who you are and what you do – your brand.
You need to be everywhere and go where your target market hangs out.
People will start recognising you, checking you out to see what you do and then trusting you. This is important as people buy from those they know, like and trust.
Post Planner can help you to promote your brand through your content and generate some free traffic.
You don’t even have to be on Facebook to post your status updates or content. This Facebook App can help you to stay connected with your audience even if your offline, as you can schedule your posts. Sweet!
Here’s what you can do with Post Planner:
- Schedule posts for multiple pages/groups at once. I post my content in over 50 groups in less than 10 minutes!
- Schedule posts that repeat at specified intervals.
- Schedule future posts.
- Select different time zones for different posts.
- Get email notifications when your posts publish.
Here’s what you’ll see inside the Post Planner App:
How it works:
1. Click on all the groups you belong to that allow content sharing.
2. Under “Status”, add a line or two emphasising the crux of your post (why should people click on your link?).
3. Add your blog post link under “Link”.
4. Make sure you have the right image for your post.
5. Hit “Plan Your Post”.
6. Your post will then be posted to all selected groups.
You can add the other options as described above, depending on your goals.
***Warning: The Facebook groups created for content sharing only allow valuable content: blog posts, articles and videos. If you start posting your business opportunity links, capture pages, fan pages and so on, you’ll get deleted and banned.
Did I mention that their support desk is excellent?… Yeah, I just did!
If you go to their page on Facebook and put a comment or email them, they will help you out at lightning speed!
What I Don’t Like About Post Planner
As we all know, there’s nothing under the sun that is 100% perfect.
So, here’s what I don’t like about Post Planner:
1. Just like the other apps and tools, it will not let you post on the Fan pages that you’re not admin of.
2. It does not show the actual Facebook shares count on your posts. When your readers notice a high number of shares, they’re likely to follow suit.
Facebook Groups For Sharing Content
As promised, I’ve created a list of 55 Facebook groups that I use to share my content in less than 10 minutes using Post Planner.
You can download this list in exchange for a tweet.
I’m also sharing 29 Facebook tribes (pages) that I use to give my content some exposure. These pages were created specifically for content sharing.
Click on the button below and download my list for free, if you pay with a tweet.
Enjoy and implement!
Facebook is RED-HOT right now. If you’re not embracing it and not making money with it, you’re MISSING the boat!
Watch this FREE webinar and discover EVERYTHING you MUST know to make money on Facebook, starting today!
**** If you enjoyed reading this post, be sure to fill out this form to receive my blog post updates via e-mail, leave a comment below and share this with your friends and followers. Remember sharing is caring! ****
Here’s to promoting your brand and generating free traffic on Facebook!